Sunday, December 1, 2013

#reverb 13 - Day 1.


I have been invited by the lovely Kat from I saw you dancing blog to join in on reverb 13. I joined in last year and thought it would be good to join in again this year. You can find out more about it by following the link and why not join in too?

Click here for everything you need to know!
 
 
It is the first day of December. It is the first day of Summer here in the Southern Hemisphere, but it may  be the first day of Winter where you are.
It is the first day of Reverb13.

How do you feel, on this first day, in your mind? In your body? In your heart? In your soul?

I do love this time of year, the start of Summer and Christmas just around the corner. The first day of December always makes me happy. The school year is nearing an end and my daughters are getting excited about the Summer break. We have put up Christmas decorations and spent a lazy Sunday together today, Bliss!

In my mind I am feeling calmer than  I have for months. I am looking forward to the Summer break too. I will be working, but I am now part time so I can manage having some quality time with my family.

In my body, I am also excited about the changes I am planning. I am signed up for the next 12WBT and am getting back into exercise. I have been struggling with my arthritis and low B12 levels but am making small changes to help with that. My skin is much better than it was a few months ago too, just in time for Summer.

In my heart, I am still carrying a little sorrow for the sadness the year has brought. I know I will forever but I can breathe now and I am working my way through my feelings. My heart is also full of love and pride for my family.

In my soul, I am still a little confused and searching. Happiness is there and I am always finding reasons to smile but it doesn't always come naturally. My biggest struggle is work. I missed midwifery so much when I had time out to do some clinical teaching, and I do love my job. But, finding the balance between home and work is a challenge. There are elements of my job that I wish didn't exist and I often ponder what else I could do. There is only one job I would rather do and that is full-time mum. Best job in the world in my opinion!




2 comments:

  1. Yeah for Reverb13 - just found you and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Mel! I am loving the energy emanating from your words. x

    ReplyDelete