Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Reverb catch up


Time for a little reverb catch up. I celebrated my 35th birthday on the 6th and have been out of blog world this week, so here goes:-

6.What did you learn? Compare the “you” from the beginning of 2012 to the “you” that you are now. What new skills or talents have you learned or discovered this year?

I did actually look at this one on the 6th and it really stumped me. Skills or talents, I can't think of a big deal one. I am still working on figuring out crochet. I have learned to be more grateful for what I have. I am learning what it is to parent older children.

7.What will you take with you? What's the one thing you want to take with you into 2013?

I aim to continue to be grateful for all that I have.

8.Your most important relationship? Considering the idea that nothing lasts forever: what was the most important relationship that you fostered in 2012? How will you continue to nurture it in 2013?

My relationship with my husband, and equally important to me is my relationships with my daughters. I try to find time to spend with my family, tell them I love them and provide for them. I do hope these relationships will last for my forever.

9.Your favourite book? What was the best book you read in 2012, and why? (And by "Why?" I mean: Why did you read it? And why was it your favourite? Although these answers could be one and the same...!)

My favourite book(s) were The Hunger Games trilogy. I read it because there was so much hype and I had to know why. It was my favourite because I couldn't put it down. It had been such a long time since I read a book that I got so involved I found myself wondering what the characters were up to when I wasn't reading, LOL!



10.Your greatest risk? What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?

Leaving my job. I wanted to find a better work/family balance and felt I needed some time out from shift work. It has been nice to have all my weekends free and to be in bed every night. I have been working for the uni with undergraduate nursing students and have enjoyed that but I don't want to work full time anymore.

11.What was music to your ears in 2012, literally or metaphorically?

My children's laughter, hearing them play, knowing they are happy and healthy. I have a lot of music literally playing through the house as well: Adele, Birdy, Pink, Bruno Mars.

12.Your most intense emotions? What made you dance in 2012? What made you weep?I danced with new jobs, making new friends and catching up with old ones, Imogen getting in the opportunity class for next year, spending time with family, paying off one of our credit cards, wooly mail, flowers from Jay and many other things.

I cried hard when my dear friend was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer, I cried over work, I cried when I thought of things that made me cry as a little girl, I cried when I was so tired I didn't know what else to do, I cry watching the news sometimes, I cried when I felt I wasn't good enough - which unfortunately was more than once.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment