Monday, December 17, 2012

Emma's Tiny Tea Leaves cardi.


 
17 years ago I met my friend Emma. We did our nursing together and just clicked. I moved away after uni, we kept in touch for a while. She visited after my eldest daughter was born. then there were a few Christmas cards and then we just lost contact. I often wondered about her, anyway last year our paths crossed again when she moved here and we bumped into each other at work. She too had done her midwifery. She had married her boyfriend and now has 3 young daughters. How similar our paths had run. It is so good to have her back in my life, we just picked up where we left off. You know a true and life long friend that you can just be you around you know? Anyway Emma convinced me to come and work with her in July this year. It was such an exciting time, after all the years we were finally working together. Sadly it didn't last long as my dear friend was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer. She stopped working and began chemo and radio. I started this Tiny tea Leaves Cardi for her feeling useless and unsure what else I could possibly do. She loves cardi's and her favourite colour is blue. Last week she had her surgery and just in time for Christmas has had the best possible surgical outcome with the cancer retained in the bowel wall. We had feared it had spread and she would need a hysterectomy as well. She loved her cardi especially the cool buttons from Tangled Yarns. Best of all she went home today for some rest and recovery before Christmas and her next run with chemo. She is an amazing and inspirational woman. Sometimes people come back into your lives when you need them or when they need you!

No comments:

Post a Comment