Sunday, December 23, 2012

Another reverb catch up.


15. What was the most extraordinary dish you sampled in 2012? What made it so magical?

For my birthday dinner my lovely husband went to my favourite vego food place 'The happy frog' and got some take away. I love their risotto balls, salads and treats. It was magical because it was with so much thoughtfulness, it was especially for me. I am vegetarian and he isn't.

16. Who inspired you in 2012? And why? What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2013?

I am inspired by many people. My beautiful family inspire me daily. The students I have worked with over the last 6 months have inspired me. My good friend Emma I talked about in my previous post has inspired me. The gifts are the value of life, the things you can achieve and my ongoing theme for 2012 gratitude. I will appreciate what I have, strive for my goals and take time to stop and smell the roses.


17. Think of one person whose life you made a difference to in 2012.What did you gain from this?How will you continue to make a difference in 2013?

I am bound by confidentiality with my job as a midwife but I know I made a difference particularly to one woman. I gained strength and understanding.


18. What colour best represents the year you had in 2012? And why?What colour would you like to invite into your life in 2013?

2012 was probably purple, its my favourite colour. Its vibrant and strong. That I think was my year generally. I invite in a whole rainbow for 2012. I am happy to experience life, whatever colour that is...................................

19. How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012?What self-care practices will you take with you into 2013?

OK, this one is hard. I think I gave up on my body this year. I have put weight back on and generally feeling frumpy. I have been trying to repair a solar keratosis on my  ankle and have managed my eczema pretty well with lotions and potions. That I will continue into 2013.

20. What was lost in 2012? What do you intend to find in 2013?

Following the above prompt, probably my commitment to a healthy body, So I intend to find that.


21. What items did you tick off your dream list in 2012? What other, unexpected, dreams came to fruition? What are the top three items on your dream list for 2013?

As previously mentioned we paid off one credit card. Spending weekends with my family for the last 6 months after 13 years of shift work. An unexpected dream was the position with the uni for the last 6 months.

Top 3 dreams for 2013:
* Spending as much time with my husband and daughters as I can.
* Feeling healthier.
* Clearing our other credit card.

22.What was the greatest gift you received in 2012? What was the greatest gift you gave?What do you intend to give yourself in 2013?

I love the home made gifts from my girls. They make my heart dance. My husband is a true romantic and I am always gifted with flowers and little notes. I got some lovely earrings for my anniversary and perfume for my birthday. My workmates got me a beautiful wallet when I left to work at the uni.
I got my husband a really cool wrap wrist band for our anniversary. He also got a cool clock for his birthday. I got my mum a Sweet little teapot Pandora charm. I have made a heap of knitted gifts too, as seen here on my blog.
For 2013 I would like to get an ipad.

23. What will you let go of? Name three excuses -- stories you tell yourself that are holding you back -- that you are going to let go of in 2013.

Hopefully the weight, laziness and undue stress. Three excuses are: I am tired, I can't afford it and I don't have any time. 













No comments:

Post a Comment