Friday, August 23, 2013

Wishes and Blessings.

Another day late with August Moon Day 2:-

We are about to enter into a gentler season i.e. Autumn/Fall if you’re in the Northern Hemisphere, Spring if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere. For me, these seasons often feel like a relief after the intensity of Summer and Winter. How do you intend to transition into the new season?

Autumn and Spring are my favourite times of year, so much more pleasant and full of colour! As we head into Spring I am getting more active and eating healthier. It is time to get control again of my body. A little while ago I was diagnosed with moderate osteoarthritis in my left hip. I want to get the extra weight off to take some of the pressure off and I want to build up my muscle tone as well.
I also start planning some Spring knitting projects, I have some lovely cotton fleece I am planning on using to make my youngest 3 girl a singlet top each.
I am planning some gardening out the back and am really enjoying the Jasmine that has already blossomed over the back fence.

August Moon Day 3.

Sometimes we get too caught up with life's circumstances. Count the blessings you've had to be grateful for this year?

My number one blessing this year and every year since they have been alive is my daughters. All of life's ups and downs are worth it just knowing I have them around. As I mentioned yesterday "Gratitude" has been my driving force this year. I have a beautiful family and wonderful friends to be eternally grateful for. Some blessings from this year that come to mind:
My dear friend Emma who had a battle with cancer last year is now cancer free. Thank you.
My eldest daughter Josie started her journey in High School, she has made good Friends and is doing really well. Thank you.
We are clearing our credit card debt. Thank you.
I have made some new and wonderful friends. Thank you.
The flowers and other small gifts my husband leaves me randomly just because. Thank you.
The good books, lush yarns and tea. Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. I love the literal "counting of blessings" you write here. Brings a big smile to my face....my son started junior high school this week and my daughter started a new high school. Transitions are challenging, yet riding to the occasion of what gifts they offer tends to bring an astounding amount of gifts.

    Happy August Moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that gratitude underpins all of your plans and all of the blessings you share here. xx

    ReplyDelete