Monday, January 23, 2012

Crochet throw rug


I continued with using up my bits of this and that yarn to make this throw rug for the 2 seater, the chevron is for the other lounge. I am only very basic with crochet, can't quite get patterns, but its a nice break from knitting to just freestyle with some crochet. Certainly is a splash of colour. This picture has me thinking I should take my camera around my home to share some corners of our place. This pic is in our cosy lounge room, the wall behind is the only brick wall inside which we used render effects on. I should look for a before picture. The mirror is one of my treasures, given to me by my dad. My  grandfather died before I was born and he was quite crafty and etched in mirrors and other things. I am lucky enough to have 2 beautifully crafted emu eggs aswell. I love the Australian themes he seemed to use with Koalas and Kookaburras on the mirror. 

1 comment: