Sunday, June 22, 2008

Wee peggy

A couple of weeks ago we went out to the Back to Back competition. It is a knitting and spinning event to be seen! Basically they sheer the sheep,spin the wool and knit a jumper to see out of two teams of eight who can get it done first. They also have a number of stalls and raise money for a charity. All the funds this year went to the cancer council. It was a lovely day. I got to get some wool and fleece, the girls got some finger puppets, Jay got some cakes and goodies lol!. Best of all I won the raffle and got myself a Wee peggy. So now I really need to learn to spin. I have had a few attempts but have a long way to go. Isn't she beautiful!



This week I joined a KAL at woolaholics and made my very first pair of socks. They are quite bright! I used 8ply berry swirl from Susannes house of wool and the Thuja pattern. I am hooked on socks now.


I have just 2 more weeks until I am back to work and study and have no idea how I will fit any craft in. Thank goodness the course will be finished in a year and I can then reduce my hours to suit me and the family. We are surviving the cold but will probably head back up the coast when I have finished and gained a little experience. Josie is missing her old school and Jay is missing the salt water.







No comments:

Post a Comment