Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!



The last of reverb12:

27. How did you make time for creativity in 2012? Looking back, is there one creative time or one particular creation that stands out for you? (Maybe you could share it here?) How will you continue (or start) making time and space for your creative passions in 2013?

Predominantly my creativity is my knitting. I always share it here. I also enjoy sewing, felting and drawing. I am working on crochet......
I will continue to enjoy my creative time as it is what keeps me sane and calm I am quite certain. I love ravelry and checking out crafty blogs for some inspiration. Finding time can be a challenge as I am so very busy with family and work. This I am thinking a lot about at present. Maybe I am taking on too much for 2013 with study? I am considering part time work and putting study on hold as I take a little time to breathe and be with family. Unbelievable that throughout reverb I have come to the conclusion one of my priorities is not that important.

28. Think of three things that daunted you in 2012: how are you going to work towards overcoming them in 2013?

I don't really get terribly daunted.
I was however daunted at work a few times throughout 2012. I get intimidated sometimes and need to find the courage to show I am valuable.
I am daunted by parenting growing girls, I will have a teenager this year! I am just going with it and enjoying as much as I can.
I am daunted by the cost of living, I am working on budgets to overcome this fear.

29. What word did you select to be your travelling companion in 2012? What gifts did this word bring?What word will you choose to guide you through 2013? What do you hope it will bring into your life?

I can't say I had a word for 2012. Gratitude is definitely my 2013 guidance word. I hope it will continue to remind me of my fortunes.


30. For a moment, take a close look at who you are NOW. See what you can declare. Merge the past, present, and future into one big ARRIVAL. Describe joyously and in great celebration the BEING that you ARE.

I am me and I am happy to be me.


31. Think back to where you were all those moons ago, on 1 December when you started #reverb12. All the way back then, I asked: "How are you starting?", "Where are you now?".

You have spent a month honouring everything that has brought you to this place: the highs, the lows, the messy middles, the exuberant rainbows, the turbulent storms, the fresh strawberries dipped in dark chocolate, the too-tight jeans, the unexpected windfalls, the toddler tantrums (theirs or yours!), all of it.

You have thanked each end every one of these things for the things they have taught you and brought you, and fully know that they reside benignly in your physical, emotional and spiritual being. You know know that while they brought you here and will always be with you, there is no reason for them to hold you back any longer.

You are standing where you are, all that you are, splendidly imperfect and right in the middle of this messy delicious life.

Take another deep breath.

Now quickly and without thinking too much about it, finish these five sentences:

2013 is going to be MY YEAR because... I am ready to just be me.

In 2013, I am going to do... more of the things that make me happy - time with family, crafting and reading.

In 2013, I am going to feel... Healthier and more satisfied.

In 2013, I am not going to... forget how truly lucky I am.

In December 2013, I am going to look back and say...What a beautiful year.

1 comment:

  1. A bunny wants to come your way! chocolatelilies [at the] gmail [dotty] com.

    ReplyDelete